This lemon meringue cheesecake is made with a butter graham cracker crust, creamy cheesecake, lemon curd pie and toasted meringue! The flavors are absolutely amazing and this is seriously my new favorite cheesecake!
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 1 hr 10 mins
Additional: 4 hrs
Total: 5 hrs 30 mins
Yield: 16 servings
- 2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs eggs
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 large egg whites egg whites
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 ½ cups lemon curd
How To Make Lemon meringue cheesecake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until smooth; press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, fresh cream, and 1 cup of sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one by one, beating well after each addition. Mix the lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest with the cream cheese mixture, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl—spread mixture over cookie crust in a springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the dough is almost set in the center, about 1 hour. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat egg whites in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; add 1/4 cup sugar and cream of tartar and beat until stiff but not dry peaks form.
- Spread the lemon cream over the cheesecake. Beat the egg whites over the curd, sealing all the edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meringue is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool, uncovered in the refrigerator, about 1 hour.
Notes from Cook :
It can be prepared the day before and kept in the refrigerator. In fact, I think it tastes even better the next day, like most cheesecakes. Be careful not to cover it, or your meringue may sag.
You can also make two at once and freeze one without the meringue for later use. I make my own lemon cream using the remaining egg yolks from the meringue.
Per portion :
482.9 calories; protein 7.5g 15% DV; carbohydrates 51.6g 17% DV; fat 28.5g 44% DV; cholesterol 130.3mg 43% DV; sodium 305.3mg 12% DV.