This chicken and broccoli rice casserole is the easiest meal to prepare this week and will certainly become the new family favorite! Made with roasted chicken, this time-saving recipe is perfect for weeknights and is a hit with kids and adults alike!
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 45 mins
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 pound processed cheese food
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Mix in the instant rice, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, mix the prepared rice, chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, butter, milk, broccoli, onion, and processed cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Stir halfway through cooking to help cheese melt evenly.
756.1 calories; protein 36g 72% DV; carbohydrates 82.7g 27% DV; fat 30.8g 47% DV; cholesterol 109.5mg 37% DV; sodium 1642.3mg 66% DV.